Pomegranate is the healthy fruit that contains lots of nutrients. Consuming pomegranate is good for the body but Can Dogs Eat Pomegranate? Is it really safe for them? To answer this query, I would like to share some facts regarding the effects of Pomegranate on the body of the dog. If you go through the facts, then it will provide you the better understanding. Have a glance-
- Veterinary experts recommend that pomegranates should not be fed pomegranates as they get sick after consuming it. Pomegranates have antioxidants that are healthy for the humans, but dogs can’t handle it.
- Pomegranates have tannins, anthocyanin, and ellagic acids. The digestive system of the dog is unable to digest it smoothly, so they suffer from stomach ache and Diarrhea.
- Pomegranate is the fruit that is full of seeds. If human beings eat a pomegranate, then it is up to them to spit the seeds and have only juice or to have seeds along with the juice. They can easily decide according to their taste, but it is not possible with the dogs.The dog can’t spit the seed out.
- The consumption of pomegranate seed can cause diarrhea as their stomach and intestines are not designed to digest seeds.
- If the dog consumes pomegranate, then its stomach might become rumbly, and the bathroom breaks might increase in frequency.
- If your dog faces any problem of excessive vomiting, then withhold food for about six hours until the vomiting stops, and then you can go for regular food in small amounts.
Pure pomegranate is not appropriate, or I can say healthy for dogs. But you can make them eat to your puppy in some other form. A small amount of pomegranate will not cause any harm to the body of your dog, but if you give them some portion, then you will come to know about the actual consequences. You can give them in the form of wild blueberry that is all-natural with quality and pomegranate canine biscuits. Dogs also require nutrients so antioxidants are must for their body. But that should not be consumed in the form of the seeds of the pomegranate. You can go for the alternative of dog treats that contain pomegranates. In this way, you will not face any complications of feeding the pure form of pomegranate.
It is better if you don’t recommend pomegranate in pure form to your loving dogs as it will result into the stomach ache. A tiny amount of pomegranate is not bad for them. But if they consume the larger amount of seeds then they will suffer from health issues. The dog’s stomachs are sensitive to acidic juices and pomegranates are acidic. It is not practical fruit for the dog. If you want your dear dog should be in the healthy state, then be particular about the consumption of pomegranates and the alternatives form in which it can be consumed by the dog.
The alternative form of pomegranate canine biscuits and dog treats having pomegranate will not cause any harm to your dog as they will contain the flavor of pomegranate but will not be the pure form of pomegranate. If you keep your dog healthy and happy, then you will really enjoy its company. It is really important to take good care of your dog. In case they suffer from any health issue then you should consult a veterinary doctor to keep your dog in safe and sound health. It would be really best if you follow the policy of no pomegranates to your dogs. So plan the food chart for your dog after knowing the effects of the food items.