Dog food is one of the vital parts of your pet’s diet and health. As there are many dog food options available now, selecting the one that suits your canine and is worth the money becomes challenging. Talking about dog food, there are two popular brands known for their range of dog food options and quality – Diamond Naturals and Blue Buffalo. Both of these brands offer a variety of dog food options for different breeds and ages. Dog parents often get confused when it comes to making a final choice. To help you know which one is better and how these brands differ from each other, here is a blog that encapsulates every detail.
Is Diamond Dog Food Better than Blue Buffalo?
To know the differences, we will first look at the standard formulas used by the brands along with their pricing range and other ingredients.
- This company is a family-owned business, run and made in the USA.
- They only use the ingredients from trusted and sustainable sources.
- The brand offers a range of dog food for different ages, such as adults, puppies and seniors, and breeds.
- Their dog food is priced at $1.35 per pound approximately ( calculations are done as per the average retail price of the dog food)
- Blue Buffalo is a company based in America that works towards making dog food and cat food.
- The brands follow a holistic approach consulting veterinarians to formulate the dog food.
- The brand offers a range of dog food that covers prescription formulas, limited ingredients, grain-free formulas, and much more.
- Their dog food is priced at $2.75 per pound approximately.
Now that we know a little about both the brands let’s go through their differences to make the final decision of which one is better.
Diamond Naturals vs Blue Buffalo
|The dog food from this brand is made using premium quality ingredients exclusively with no artificial flavors, colors, soy, wheat, or fillers.||The brand only uses natural ingredients for making dog food without any fillers, corn, soy, or wheat.|
|Diamond Naturals uses pasteurized raised beef for a protein source in their products.||Blue Buffalo uses meat as the protein source in their dog food. As the brand uses meat as their protein source, the dog food has more protein that to the Diamond Naturals.|
|The dog food by Diamond naturals is made using superfoods that offer minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients to your pets.||Their dog is made using meat, fruits, and vegetables rich in vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, etc for the canines.|
|The pet food has insoluble fiber that aids in better digestion and fatty acids that help improve the skin and coat.||The dog food also contains fiber, omega 3, and omega 6 fatty acids that help in achieving a shiny coat for your pets.|
|The brand specifies the source of the ingredients to ensure the safety of the dogs.||There is no specification regarding the sourcing of ingredients.|
Similarities between both the brands:
- The dog food of both companies contains the same amount of fat and other essential nutrients that help maintain the overall health of the canines.
- Both the brands formulate their dogfood using fiber and other ingredients to maintain the health of the pets.
Which one is better?
When we compare these brands side-by-side, there are only two significant changes that one can notice: protein source and price. The dog food from both brands has similar ingredients and standard dog food formulation with some tiny changes. But if you are looking for dog food with high protein and real meat, then you can opt for Blue Buffalo. Whereas if protein source is not a major deciding factor for your pooch, you can proceed with diamond Naturals as it is more affordable.
Apart from some minute changes, the dog food from both the brands performs similarly and helps deliver the required nutrition to your pets. Diamond Naturals uses advanced high-technology processes, while Blue Buffalo follows a holistic approach to formulate its products. I hope this article helps you understand the differences between the brands for making an informed decision about your dog food purchase.